If you love shrimp, you’ll LOVE this recipe. Shrimp scampi has been a classic American favorite for generations. After all, how can you go wrong with hot, buttery shrimp simmering in a perfectly seasoned white wine sauce? My mouth is watering just writing about it.
Our in-house Chef Chris searched far and wide for the best shrimp scampi recipe and coupled it with the perfect, mouth-watering crusty ciabatta. Whether you’re serving it up at your evening for 2 or throwing a party for 12, you won’t want to miss out on your new favorite shrimp dish! We’ve included a step-by-step video below of our pro Chef, Chris, teaching you how to cook this amazing dish.
Classic Shrimp Scampi with Crusty Ciabatta Recipe
- 2 Lbs. Peeled And Deveined Large Shrimp With The Tails Left On
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Blended Olive Oil Suitable For Sautéing
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Medium Shallot, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine Or Shrimp Stock
- Fresh Herb Mix (Thyme, Parsley, Oregano) Rough Chopped
- The Juice From 1 Lemon
- Sea Salt And Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Crusty Italian Ciabatta Bread For Dipping
- Parmesan Cheese For Grating
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat until it starts to dance. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for one minute. Add the shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink. Add the lemon juice and shrimp stock (or white wine) and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper and add the fresh herbs. Finally, add the whole butter and swirl in until melted.
Serve with crusty ciabatta or other hearty bread and finish with freshly grated parmesan.